KSW-15 installation

bozzchem

I have a KSW-15 that has less than impressive performance. Let me explain my setup and tell me if I could do something better.

Receiver is a Denon AVR 3802.

I have the L and R pre-amp outs for the front speakers going to the L and R line in connectors on the KSW-15. (The speaker wire outs for the front are going to RF3IIs)

I also have the subwoofer out going to the LFE input on the KSW-15.

It seems I get the best response from the KSW-15 when I have the front speakers set to large and the subwoofer set to LFE+Mains.

What really bothers me is that I have to turn the sub amp gain all the way up to get the resonse I'm looking for. I figured a 15" powered sub would be way too much for my medium sized room so I'd only have to set the gain @ halfway. Nope.

I'd rather bring my car subwoofer box with the 12" IDQs in and run it. They'll shake the rear view mirror off the car!

You really should only need to have the LFE out hooked to the sub, I would think. This might help. I tried hooking two subs up and it basically cut the output in half- the less you have hooked to everything, the better it seems to work. Have you tried it without the front L/R hooked to it?

The best and easy way is to ONLY use the subwoofer out from your Denon 3802.Make sure the RCA cable is as long as it should(where you place the sub)and its better if it has a Y at the end.Power both L and R on the sub,I dont use the LFE.

With this when the 3802 is a 0 in the menu you should get good bass at 50-75% on the sub,unless your sub is placed in a spot that "eats" bass.If its placed in an optimal bass spot you should get satisfactory bass.

Know most Klipsch subs have little gain below 50% on the gain knob.I noticed this on the RSW10/15 and KSW12 and 15.My other subs(Sunfire,Velodyne,Revel and Aerial are more sensitive at low settings).