Help choosing speakers

BGTX

Hello all - first time post here. Setting up a new home theater. Will be ~17 foot long room (14 foot wide) and for now let's assume two rows of seats in middle so nothing up against the wall, etc. I am pretty sure I have the front of room figured out, but so many choices for what speakers go left/right and rear and ceiling. Not looking to break the bank, but doesn't have the be the cheapest solution either.

Front of room will have center and left/right towers and prob the sub(s) there too). So just for middle and back, what to do?

FOR CEILING: I will have 1 pair of ceiling wires above each row, so 4 ceiling speakers can be added. Was assuming this would be done with "ceiling speakers" such as Klipsch Pro-16C or similar so that there were not any speakers hanging from ceiling above our heads. Sticking with this, unless there's a better route. These I assume will be all height speakers for Atmos.

But what about LEFT/RIGHT and REAR LEFT/REAR RIGHT? There should be a speaker wiring place on left/right walls a few feet down from ceiling and same with back left/back right also on the rear wall. These COULD be more "in wall" kind of speakers, but I don't need to hide them in the wall - open to getting whatever makes the most sense.

All 4 same? Or different sides vs rear? Something from the below set I am assuming??? Help. Which/why?

RP-240D on wall speakers??

R-41SA or RP-500SA type options??

RP-402S type option??

Assuming the electrician gets it all set up right, we'll have front left/right/center and sub covered and then all those other spots too, just not sure what to get to fill in the spots that are left/right and rear (all should be "a foot or two above ear level", or so).

Thanks much! Happy to add more details if helpful.

B

Edited by BGTX

If you're doing overhead Atmos speakers it's recommended to have your side and rear surrounds to be direct-firing like a traditional bookshelf speaker.  If you're not doing Atmos then it's recommended to have wide dispersion side surrounds such as the RP-402S that you mentioned and direct-firing rear surrounds.