Klipsch Tangent T500 loudness Help

Msuwendy

Hi again

So ive been trying a single ended class A 7watt chinese integrated amp, and with the 99db sensitivity this klipsch seems to be very quiet compared to my dads heresy 4 which have the same sensitivity, is there any problem with the autotrans of the crossover? Cause ive already recaps the caps recently

If i need to check or change how do i do that? With multimeter or? 

Thanks

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, billybob said:

If you did a good job on replacing the capacitors in crossover, could be the amplifier is not providing enough power. Borrow a Solid State stereo amplifier/receiver to check.

Yap if i use my quicksilver and acdom power everything is normal, just when i randomly try with small class A amp its just soo quiet

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

who repaired your crossovers   ,

where did you purchase these parts -----

-check the wiring/connections  of your speakers ----

are you doing the  test with the Heresy 4 using the same amplifier -

Amp tech help me do it, and i bought tje value based on stock caps, u mean the cable from crossover to tweeter, squawker and woofer, that shlouldnt be a problem cause with my adcom solid state power everything seems fine loud and clear

Yesh i use the same amp with the heresy 4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Msuwendy said:

Amp tech help me do it, and i bought tje value based on stock caps, u mean the cable from crossover to tweeter, squawker and woofer, that shlouldnt be a problem cause with my adcom solid state power everything seems fine loud and clear

Yesh i use the same amp with the heresy 4

your Chinese AMP is the issue

2 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

Right, what makes me curious is just the chorus 2 got almost the same sensitivity but and chorus 2 is much more louder than the T500, which is weird

Not weird to me. Size and efficiency matter. Chorus is 101 db efficient.

7 minutes ago, Msuwendy said:

U mean the chinese amp knows which speaker to drive louder than the other? Hehehe 

it's your AMP ,  you said it , I use the Chinese Amp  , I have a problem , I use another SS amp , no problem,    you want to defy the Laws of physics , you can't  -----  HeHeHe  ----

tell me ----do you have 4 ohms and 8 ohms settings on that Chinese amp  -Hehehe 

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

it's your AMP ,  you said it , I use the Chinese Amp  , I have a problem , I use another SS amp , no problem,    you want to defy the Laws of physics , you can't  -----  HeHeHe  ----

tell me ----do you have 4 ohms and 8 ohms settings on that Chinese amp  -Hehehe 

Randy thanks for helping out, and yes it got 4ohm and 8ohm