Two Tempests enough for LaScalas? 4??

killerbee_vr6

I plan on building two subs for my Scalas. I've decided on the Tempest as a driver, but I haven't decided on how many to use. Should I build two single subs or two double subs? I plan to feed each box no less than 750wpc. I'm not worried about overkill, I will use 100% from time to time. So what do you think? 1500w to two Tempests enough for Scalas in a 30x20x10" room?

What allignments are you looking at? Keep in mind that a Tempest will reach it's linear excursion limits with less than 250W in larger vented enclosures.

If you've got loads of space why not do 2 dual Tempest enclosures. Say 480L each tuned to 16hz with a pair of 6" PVC ports each. Parallel the voice coils and series the drivers (unless your amp can handle a 2ohm load, then parallel the drivers). I think your ears will give out before either these subs or the LaScala's will in that room.

I will second Dustin's suggestion for the 480L dual Tempest sub. I built one about 10 months ago and it is awesome. Has NO problem keeping up with 8 Legends in my HT and does a great job on music also. I'm using the HS500 amp which pushes 250 watts to each speaker and is more than enough in large of an enclosure.

Build one and try it out for awhile. If it's not enough, build another. Mine WILL shake windows 2 houses away, so be prepared for visits from the neighbors, just make sure "they" bring the popcorn!!