Help with wiring amp to RP-8000F

Armando

The drawing included is in a pdf provided by Audioquest to give guidance on how to connect a single full range cable (link included) to the twin speaker posts of the Klipsch RP-8000F.

I purchased the jumpers from AQ to replace the stock metal plates that join the HF and LF posts on my 8000. The wiring recommendation for a two-way speaker is, as you can see from the drawing, non-standard. However, AQ claims improved SQ.

The connection from the single AQ Robin Hood Zero speaker cable is simple enough. What I fail to see is how the jumpers should be connected, since they are of course directional.

Should the red jumper flow from the + of the HF post row to the + of the LF post row, or the other way around?

Should the black jumper flow from - of the HF row to the - of the LF post row, or the other way around?

It has been difficult getting AQ to return calls. Has anyone done this type of wiring to their 8000 speakers? AQ claims improved performance (provided the jumper directionality is done right). There is no guidance in the document attached that has the diagram.

http://tools.audioquest.com/downloads/literature/learning_modules/Understanding-BiWiring.pdf

AQConnect.JPG

• Like 1

@Armando  wrote ......Should the red jumper flow from the + of the HF post row to the + of the LF post row.  Should the black jumper flow from - of the HF row to the - of the LF post row

You´ve got it ....That´s the way to connect the Bi Wire Terminal . Make sure that you have forkshoes for easy screwing on the binding post .

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your help. I was doing cartwheels because I had bought jumpers that were banana on one end and spade on the other. I returned them for sets that were spades at all ends. Making a mistake like that, even after thinking through it, is why I sometimes feel my age :) Thanks God it does not happen that often.

Now I can follow the recommendation of having both jumpers flowing down from the HF row to the LF row, then connecting the incoming speaker wire as in the diagram red to red HF and black to black LF.

Doing that instead of connecting both speaker wires to the HF row and using the stock metal jumpers improved SQ in my system. Instruments sound more like listening to live ones and separation improved. It was worth a try. I hope when the new jumpers arrive today I will after break-in see further improvement.

If I don't I can always return them. Either way, I thank you for your prompt responses.

• Like 2