Toxic EPA Superfund site(s) near you

Seadoc

I lived in Jacksonville Arkansas for my Jr and Sr High School years and we used to frequent the woods near a plant called Vertec. Vertac - Encyclopedia of Arkansas  In 1986  I moved to Texas and within a couple years I was watching Sam Donaldson on one of those weekly 20/20 type shows and low and behold he was standing in front of our cities water tower with the show's caption "Dioxenville USA." 🥺 Evidently before Vertec took over the company was called Hercules and they buried 10s of thousands of barrels that contained the main ingredient for Agent Orange and the barrels were starting to leak en-mass. I remember that states bordering Arkansas wouldn't let it be transported so they had to develop a special incinerator and that's how they got rid of it. My best friend and his family lived on the outskirts of the company and each individual received a payout from a law suit that was pretty substantial.