More DIY horn speaker pics

horn player

Here is picture of two other sets of speakers I built back in the early 80's - one set was made from late 40's or early 50's Jensen cabinets and the others were built out of old Knight speakers my Grandad built in the early 60's. Back then I gave away the knight triaxial speakers! I thought these old cabinets were too pretty to go to waste, so I filled them with some horns I had laying around. The old Jensens are filled with Utah midrange horns, "off brand" bullet tweeters and Eminence woofers ported out the back. The Knight cabs were filled with Electrovoice 8HD's with 1824M drivers, Piezo tweeters (yuck!) & Peerless woofers with Pioneer 12 PR's on the back. I'll admit they sounded halfway decent for home made speakers. Nowadays, I concentrate my woodworking efforts elsewhere since I have an assortment of Klipsch heritage speakers!

post-2584-1381924584924_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

They sounded decent for being homemade from a bunch of components thrown together. They would crank up LOUD, and that was important to me back then. I used to like "wow" my friends by cranking them as loud as we could stand them. Now I have that constant whistling teapot in one ear!! I sold the "Jensens" back in '85 to a close friend who still has them. Sold the "Knights" in '87 to a guy I used to work with - lost track of those, but I sure wouldn't mind having the EV mids back from them!