Infinity IL120's Good?

KlipschManiac

I just purchased 2 Infinity IL120's from Ubid for $348 each, and was wondering if anyone had heard them/compared them? They are going to be matched with RF7's, RC7, and RS7's. Also, they are going to replace 2 Audiosource 15 subs I have now, probably will go on Ebay. I thought at this price I can't go wrong. At least I hope so. Look forward to hearing your comments while I wait for them. BTW- Anyone want to buy a Audiosource 15? About 4 years old, great shape, works good. Thanks.

Scott

I previously used two of these and I had a hard time getting it to sound good with the subs in different locations, I ultimately found it best to colocate them. Their sound quality is as good as other top notch subs, they have great output down to 25Hz, and they look sharp. With the RABOS kit(well worth it) you can tame your biggest room peak which can improve SQ a bunch. At $350, it's hard to do better!

As long as you calibrate, your Klipsch won't overpower the subs. These subs are able to dish it out and shouldn't have a problem keeping up with your RF-7's at all but extreme levels.

Let us know what you think when you get them.

I just finished hooking up the 2 Infinity IL120 subs this last weekend, and I must say am pretty happy with them. They are pretty tight and musical, and make up for the lost frequencies below 100Hz that my RF7 aren't producing much of right now. Poor amplification. I'm just using a Integra receiver at the moment. So, I set the infinity crossover at 120, and I kept my 2 Audiosource 15's at the moment for the low slam that the Infinity's lack somewhat. The crossover is set at 50Hz. Note that the Audiosources sound terrible at higher than 60Hz, just too loose and sloppy. Also, I put 1 of each sub into each front corner of my 20x16. The sound is pretty nice. I'm suprised these 4 inexpensive subs worked so well. Originally, I planned on selling the Audiosources, but can only get $100 locally for them each. I still probably will replace them, but with what? The RF7s are hard to keep up with because of efficiency, and the 2 Infinitys don't quite give enough db's at higher volumes on music by themselves, but work very well with HT! I haven't purchased the RABOS kit, just calibrated by ear. Probably this helps alot? Anyway, the Infinitys are a nice moderate sized sub with good power and punch. Can't beat it for $350! Probably worth $500, but no more. So, the Infinity's will stay. Overall with 4 subs, my room sounds very, very good. I especially like the Eagles DVD now! Only problem is I have 4 subs, about 2 more than I really wanted, hehe. But my next upgrade should be? A power amp or maybe a Rsw15? Any comments on my setup are welcome.

Thanks,

Scott

1.gif

Scott,

"make up for the lost frequencies below 100Hz that my RF7 aren't producing much of right now."

BTW Klipsch RF7's are SOLID down to 40Hz,rock solid.On my smaller room even below!Provided you have a serious power amp and do not set to SMALL the mains in the pre/pro receiver's menu.

A sub(or a few)sure help,no question.Infinity makes some very accurate subs,I like the Intermezzo sub.Clean,clean and clean,and oh so musical.