a Heresy question... HDBR, etc

tpg

Does anyone know the XMAX of the woofer in the Heresy? What impedence is it? The mid? Tweet? SPL of each individual driver? I am bored... might build some speakers so I can be happy that I finally accomplished something. With Christmas break coming, I will be bored. 1.gif Help if you can... Thanks

you want to build heresy's?... have fun 1.gif

i don't have the answers for you, but finding new parts for them will not be easy. you would be better off going to ebay and buying old parts to use. however, i did see a very similar driver in some electrovoice concert speakers at a guitar shop last week... HDBR is your best bet I would say.

I want to build something... Preferably something that will sound great and I could use with a cheap tube amp for a nice, loud, good sounding 2-channel system to impress friends. If I could build them, it would make it cooler. However, if the costs are too much, I will go for some used Heresy's probably.

Justin, you could help me here, though, is the woofer a pro-woofer? By prowoofer, I mean it has no rubber surround, but a folded accordian surround. Is this the type? And for you driver guru people, can you distinguish the differences in sound between titanium and phenolic diaphragm compression drivers?

I believe Xmax of the last versions of the K-22 woofer was the same as the K-24 used in the Heresy II, 4.0 mm. At least some of the earlier versions were less, maybe 2.5 mm. The K-77 and K-77-M tweeters have a nominal impedance of 8 ohms. The K-55-V and K-55-M squawker drivers have a nominal impedance of 16 ohms. The later woofers have a nominal impedance of 8 ohms. The earlier ones were 16 ohms. Maybe someone else can provide the sensitivity ratings.

FWIW it will be no more expensive to buy a complete pair than to buy the appropriate components.