My DIY 214L Tempest made the Adire Audio website gallery!!!!!

BLOOMIS914

Thanks guys----Well here is a quick summary of the materials and the costs associated with this sub:

1 1/2 sheets 3/4" MDF with Maple Veneer---No charge, estimated cost $75

Custom cabinet work per Adire Audio 214L Tempest plans on their website----$100 from friend----If he does another, he said around $300 for the cutting and assembly.

Tempest 15" Driver from Adire Audio----$162 shipped to me

2- 3" flared ports from Parts Express-----$11 each, $22 total

250W plate amp from Parts Express (P/N 300-794)----$119

Miscellaneous Fasteners & Two tubes of silicone adhesive--------$10

64 oz. of Polyfill from Walmart---------$6

My cost for everything was around $419.......If I had to buy the MDF with veneer and pay for the actual custom cabinet cutting and assembly it would have cost me an additional $350. For a total worse case scenario of $769......

This is still far cheaper than any sub I've ever heard that performs like this.

My advice is this.....Find a good pro furniture or cabinet builder and ask him to review the Adire plans and explain you want it to be airtight and look like a piece of furniture...My buddy mitred all of the corners and it was no big deal for someone who build cabinets or furniture he said. You can't see any seams on the outside of my sub where the four sides and top meet.

My buddy tells me this should cost no more than $400 MAX. for pro caliber work.------Well worth it in my mind because appearance and WAF is critical for me!

Good Luck!!