Are there preferred sub woofers to pair with heritage speakers?

jason77095

I have a 5.0.0 speaker set up consisting of 2 Chorus II's, 2 Forte II's and a single Quartet center channel. Looking to add one or two sub woofers in a large room (roughly2,750 cubic feet). My speakers are all voice matched and I'm looking for info on sub woofers that will sound right/best with my existing speakers.

I recently purchased a Marantz 6015 with two discreet sub woofer connections. (Waiting for delivery of the receiver.)  Expect to acquire a  miniDSP UMIK-1 USB microphone and REW software to help place and tune sub woofer(s). Need help understanding what sub woofer(s) to add to this set up.

Thanks in advance for any shared thoughts/guidance.

Shiva,

Thanks for the input. I am considering buying two sub woofers so the PSA's are a bit pricey for me. Some of the Rythmik's are more affordable but their lower (less expensive) models kind of leave me wanting more.

I've been reading a lot of material on various sub woofers and I'm becoming somewhat enamored of Hsu Research. I like the concept of their hybrid models, which allow one to open or seal each of two independent ports... depending whether one is listening to music or watching a movie with very dynamic soundtrack. The VTF-2 MK5 is quite affordable and would make buying two of them relatively easy.

https://hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk5.html

I would feel more comfortable about considering these if anyone here has experience pairing any Hsu Research subwoofer with older Klipsch speakers like the Chorus II's and Forte II's in my system. (Did they pair well, sound good with, etc. or were there any kind of incompatibilities that detracted from the over all sound?)