AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just spent about 8 hours fixing my comp

tpg

Yes... all I can say is AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

My word... when this thing gets screwed up it gets screwed up. I simply wanted to explore my other options with firewalls, since mine uses up system resources like crazy. So I delete mine. Easy. Install a new one, it lags when I play online games. So it is out. Try another one; works great, but won't save my preferences everytime I restart. I try the other version by that company- same problem. Try yet another one... it kills my anti-virus and then it won't start up. So I was screwed... or so I thought. Then I remember the system restore thing...

O I restart in MS-DOS mode, and type scanreg/restore. I get an odd screen, pick my date to restore to (today at first power on) and restart, type exit, restart again. Startup- NOTHING. Reboot to DOS again... try yesterday... works... well kinda. It freezes during startup, but I am more than happy to see this since yesterday it did have a problem freezing on startup. So, restart again... and, well, it works! YAY!!!

Sorry for this whole thing... I just spent such a long time doing this I had to share with someone- it was driving me crazy there for a while. Phew! I am glad its over... just hope it keeps on working...

thats really not such a long time, lol. thats one of the reasons I like audio over computers. With audio, if something goes wrong, it's easy to pinpoint the problem, and often it can be fixed easily, and if you can't, just trade it in for a new one. Comps hunderds of things can be the prob, thus taking 8 hours. I've had 12 before, lol.