REL Sub with LaScalla Speakers?????

wired1

Anyone had any experitence with REL subwoofers? My dealer told me that, since I just ordered my LaScallas, that I may want to look into a REL sub (considering I am worried about low end bass). He said that their isn't anything else I should look into...??

Let me know...

Thanx!

I see mention to REL subs from various Heritage owners here on the board. I think it is the one sub that they (Heritage owners) have in common.

I think there ARE other subs out there too that are worth considering but I have no experience with REL so I really couldn't say one is better or worse then the other.

Here are just a couple of the markets TOP subs to chew on.

1. Velodyne HGS 18 - EXTREMELY clean with EXTREMELY good low output.

2. M&K subs are also very good.

3. and it continues ...

You should try to audition as many different subs as possible and pick the one you like most.

Do a search for REL on this board and you'll see a lot of threads.

I have an original REL Storm and 1974 La Scalas. I am VERY happy. Happy happy joy joy. smile.gif Seriously. biggrin.gif

I run the sub in parallel with the Scalas and drive the Scalas full range.

There are other brands that are excellent subs and would work well, but I can recommend REL highly based on personal experience.

Ray

My experience is exactly the same as Ray's, except that I am using the smaller REL Strata III with my LaScalas.

Have had no problems with it at all. I do not allow my sub to overpower the room. And I have them adjusted for the least sonic change to the LaScala as possible, filling in only on the very, very bottom.

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

• 1 month later...

the subs you mentioned are retial subs -

I would listen to the differences in the subs as they get more expensive so that you know what you are buying and then, like your permanent home, buy the best you can afford -

one is good, two is great -

check out web site subs like HSU: http://www.hsuresearch.com/ or Bag End (bagend.com) and wait for models to be discontinued to go on sale, if you buy a really good one, it will be be with you forever!