Effect of Magnets on Sound

attycda

Call me hellbent on modifying my old BMWs car stereo system to use Klipsch speakers. But this is more of a technical question.

Here's a 5.25" KV2 Woofer

KV-1016-SV. What are the effects on the speaker when the rear magnet is removed? What changes? Sound range? Do ohms change? Etc. 

If you're curious, with a small amount of non-visible modifications to the car & connection, I've dropped a pair of unmodified K-1078-SB 6" woofers in the back deck. They sound great now but will sound better when I replace the radio. 

Separately, it looks like Klipsch makes few midrange speakers. Is there that much of a sound range that they don't need the midrange so that they have tweeter / woofer combinations? Or am I simply missing them? 

20211030_105111.jpg

20211030_105157.jpg

22 hours ago, Curious_George said:

That "rear magnet" does not affect the actual driver, it is a bucking magnet to make the driver "video shielded" for older type TV's with a CRT.

That is great news! The secret to making these car stereo speakers is to carefully remove the casing which will probably separate from the magnet, then remove the magnet. That's not so easy. I ended up getting a metal cutter and putting two lines through the magnet then took a big screwdriver and twisted. One side of the magnet pop off easily. The other side needed some coaxing.