Adding tripod mounts to my Heresy speakers

hrwaggon

I am completely spoiled by my Heresy speakers & don't want to change to JBL, Macke, or other public-address speakers that come ready to mount on tripods. However, I can't keep putting the speakers on chairs.

Has anyone successfully added tripod mounts to their Heresy speakers? What brand? How is Omnimount?

What do I need to keep in mind if I am going to do this? Many thanks, Hanna

Hanna, look at the posted pic in that thread. These can be built quickly and easily, using very little material. You can also modify the height of them to suit your needs. I explained it all in the post. And they can be made to look as fancy or as basic as you want them to be...home or any use!

Hanna, go back to www.partsexpress.com and at the home page search part # 245-010. The price seems terribly reasonable and a mounting plate and travel bag are included. There is a picture there that will give you an idea of the look of your speakers/stands. And yes it will require drilling holes into the speaker cabs for the plates. But the screw holes could be easily repaired in the future.

I can't testify as to the build quality of those stands but you might give Parts Express a call and inquire. I have had good luck in the past with their products and I think you'll find many people here that will agree.

Any CD's available?

Merry Christmas Hanna!

Keith

Thanks for sending me back, Keith. Yes, that does look quite good. I will have to come up with some kind of system for "nesting" the speakers (with their

new tripod tubes) into something for the times when they're not being used for performances -- so they can still be used as home speakers.

I'm considering leaving the Heresy's at home and buying a used pair of KP-250s, the professional version of the Heresy. Anyone have any comments about the relative sound quality? Just as good -- by which I mean, just as transparent?

And yes, Keith--CDs always available! from us or from cdbaby.com :-) - since you asked.

Very helpful, thanks!

Hanna

Hanna,

The KP-250 models are basically the heresy with a ported cabinet and an Industrial woofer installed. The woofer gives a bit more punch than a standard Heresy, and the ports provide a bit more bass bottom-end...otherwise, the rest of the speaker is just like the Heresy...except that the KP can handle more power and get louder.

If you decide to mount a plate to the bottom of your Heresys, then I would suggest getting risers for the Heresys for home use, drilling the holes in the bottom of the Heresys for the riser mounting screws, but using some epoxy to install some machine-screw threaded inserts into those holes, after drilling them a bit oversized for the inserts. That way, you can easily remove the mounting plates, and slap on the risers for home use...and vice versa....you can even leave the Risers ON the Heresys and use some LONGER screws that go through BOTH the mounting plate AND the risers into those inserts...if you want! Just a thought. Merry Christmas!