hehehe guitar amps

JasN00b

guitar amps are so much fun to abuse :)

had my guitar teacher teach me how to control feedback and play with it...

*teacher turns up amps nobs to all 10*

to my mother in the room "your gonna wanna hold your ears"

*SQQQQEAAAAL SCREEEEEAM SCREEEETCH GROWWWWL*

hehehe the funny thang is he has this little conflict with the violin teacher, she tends to leave her door open and we can hear all the awful disonant harmonies from her begning students.... and now hes making the walls shake and pens roll off desks with these deep feedback frequences... what fun!

so far in my experimentation i've managed to get that classic hendrix growl... a race car sound (much to the delight of my grandfather... he thought it was the coolest thing in the world) some craaaazy loud noises, expereminted with sustaining notes with it, some cool fuzz.

also played around with catching different loops by changing pickups, cleaning my tone with the volume knobs once i get the loop caught... hmmm also catching different loops by playing with my wammy bar.

only thing is that my guitar doesnt have all that much drive, has alnico pickups, and they're set really low, mabey i'll raise them see if it helps.

i mean the thing sounds insaaaanely sweet... just not much DRIVE behind it ya know?

i dont mind but i'd still like to try and get a little more punch outta it.

nother time abusing guitar amps and what not... well not actually the amp, but for a jazz band concert at my school i had a guitar solo...

me and my bassist buddy dug up some old fully horn loaded speakers we found in a closet... didnt think they'd work but low and behold they do!

so we stack um up and go to do a level check... so i send out my drummer amigo to the back of the auditorium to tell me how my leves are.

"TOO LOUD!!!" he shouts

me: "OH OK!!!"

*pretends to turn down...turns everythang to 10*

*picks note very lightly*

"HOWS THAT?!?"

"GOOD!"

hehehe silly drummers.

reminds me of that clapton interview.

they had spent all this time designing an amp with a very versitle tone for him, and they asked him what levels he used

"i dunno we just turned everything up to 10"

hehe

*stops muscians ramble*