Klipsch Forte I SoCal; Crites Crossover and Woofers, etc.

Rmac587

After a long inner struggle, I've decided to list my beloved Forte I. I just have too much stuff.

This has not been easy, as they were my first "real" speakers other than the crappy ones I had as a teen in a Deep South tornado magnet of a trailer park. They are fantastic with my Scott 299b and 222c. I haven't tried them with my Sherwood S5000 as it is getting a recap.

There is nothing left to do to these beauties. As you can see from my 2016 photos, they have been maxed out and have had many hours of labor dedicated to them. I did the following:
-New walnut veneer where needed.
-Installed Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms and the regular mid diaphragms. Bob Crites (may he rest in peace) indicated it wasn't absolutely necessary but I did it anyway since they were cracked open.
-New Crites woofers developed just for the Forte and Heresy, tighter bass for sure. Don't have originals.
-Installed brand new crossovers from Bob Crites.
-Dynamat on passive and regular woofer struts, both sides and the back of the woofer, on horn bodies, back of tweeter motor, and either side of butterfly terminal to reduce resonance.
-1"x3" bracing above and below the woofers to reduce resonance.
-Acoustic felt on the tweeter pole piece, but this should be done as well.

Listing these makes me feel physically ill, but it is time. I have too many speakers, and my den the best layout for them. I want these to go to a good home. Reasonable offer entertained. I'm in central Orange County, cannot ship these monoliths.

$1200 to start based on intensive labor and updates, not sure really sure. Perhaps sub-consciously hoping they don't sell.

forte1c.jpg

forte1f.jpg

forte1d.jpg

forte1b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...