Heresies for sale

Deang

I was going to run my future Cornwalls with the Heresies in a quasi-multichannel setup. I've decided to eschew this idea for now. Basically, I don't really have the room to accomodate the Heresies in the way originally imagined.

They are oiled oak with 9 ply birch plywood. These were made in 1983, and are in very good condition. There are just a few small indentations along a couple of the rear side edges, that are not really noticeable unless you turn the speaker around or run your hand down the edges. There is one very small chip on one of the rear corners, which I will fix before sending it out. The risers are in mostly good condition, with the exception of a little bit of veneer along the very bottom starting to peel. Again, not really noticeable with the speakers sitting on the floor. The brown cane grill cloth is perfect, with logos intact. All of the highly visible parts of the speaker look perfect. They sound wonderful.

$525 shipped, which is exactly what I paid with shipping from the eBay auction I won.

For 1983, the fronts(9-ply plywood, OR baltic birch 11-ply) are not made out of the same material as the sides/top/bottom(veneered lumber-core plywood)...neither is the back(1/2" or 3/8" plywood)...the glue blocks inside them are normally(but not always) made from scrap 9-ply plywood OR scrap side/top/bottom lumbercore plywood material. I cut parts for, routed parts for, and built alot of em.2.gif

Edit: If they actually DO have the sides/top/bottom made outta 9-ply plywood, then they had to have been built after I left in September of 1983...BUT...from MY UNDERSTANDING, the company never used veneered plywood for them ...and went straight from lumber-core plywood to veneered MDF when they finally made a change...unless I have been told wrong about what happened after I left there. Either way, I wanna know...LOL!