Velodyne Subs

sbcoffey42

I have no experience with these but have read lots of great things and am thinking of grabbing an F-1000b, it looks to be in great shape but have not heard it yet. Doing a search on e-bay and marketplace I see there are many different models and the prices are all over the place. Are these worth it? I am looking for a sealed box, nothing ported, for music only. It seems like a worthwhile venture if it is under 100.00. If I decide to go with Velodyne, are there some models to avoid and other I should be looking for? Any knowledge of this brand you could share would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

the F series velodyne subs are very good & were top of the line in their day.  i have owned a couple of the f1500 subs & even though the amps were lower power compared to todays subs they were amazing subs, if still in good working condition you cant really beat them for the used prices ive seen them for.  the 1000 is a 10" but for $100 sounds like a good deal.  be aware, these are servo controlled & if the woofer goes bad they are expensive to repair & hard to find a place to do it,  a friend had a f1200 that blew the woofer & he replaced it with a different brand & it still sounded very good. the amps are usually pretty reliable unlike too many other newer brands.     

• Like 2