forte tweeter diaphragm ?

can anyone confirm if this is an original forte/2 tweeter diaphragm?  from what i can tell it is not an original klipsch part when compared to other diaphragms in my fortes or chorus or other similar models that use this tweeter.  did klipsch change the diaphragms at some point?

i bought this from an ebay seller that stated it was original to his forte but when i pull the tweeter from my fortes it looks different & is not marked with the same numbers,  the originals are a textured material & this one is perfectly smooth.  just curious before try & use it.  thanks. 

1st pic is an original with textured dome & 2nd pic is what looks like an aftermarket replacement, has "02-2014" marked near the terminals.  

forte tweet.jpg

forte tweet2.jpg

2 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

did klipsch change the diaphragms at some point?

the originals are a textured material & this one is perfectly smooth.  just curious before try & use it.  thanks. 

1st pic is an original with textured dome & 2nd pic is what looks like an aftermarket replacement, has "02-2014" marked near the terminals.  

Yes, they did switch diaphragms I believe late model Chorus II era to the smooth shiny black plastic looking ones all of the KLF tweeters I've come across also had this style. 

22 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, they did switch diaphragms I believe late model Chorus II era to the smooth shiny black plastic looking ones all of the KLF tweeters I've come across also had this style. 

interesting, thanks. i wasn't aware they changed diaphragms, guess mine are earlier forte2 & chorus2 with the textured diaphragms.  

21 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

interesting, thanks. i wasn't aware they changed diaphragms, guess mine are earlier forte2 & chorus2 with the textured diaphragms.  

Yes the old style were called phenolic and the newer ones poly I believe the poly ones were considered by many to be junk.

• Like 1