Rf-7, Heresey or Forte II?

-klipsch

It's all ear candy, ya know?

I like my RF7's very much - simply magical.

I spent two years on this forum trashing the Heritage speakers, simply referring to them as 'earbleeders'. I recently aquired some Heresies just to see what the fuss is all about -- and came away very surprised at how musical they are. I do think all the Klipsch speakers require very good amplification. Notice I didn't say 'expensive' amplification -- but good amplification.

The RF7's are a tremendous value, and it's simply amazing how much one has to spend to match them.

Of course, you could do used K-horns for the price of new RF7's -- but then you wouldn't have Klipschcones:)

Yankee,

The RF-7's are very dynamic, and the Heresies, though very musical -- don't even come close to matching the slam, quickness, and microdynamic reproduction abilities of the RF-7. However, I'm sure the Cornwall would do better, and I do believe that squawker is magical with tubes.

As far as tube amps go -- don't jump on those quicksilvers so fast. Spend a little time here and use the seach tool and read about other push-pulls like the AE-25 Superamp DJH, and vintage Scott units worked over by Craig here on the forum. I just sold the first Scott 299A I had, tweaked by Craig -- upgrading to the Scott 299B. Craig is currently going over this one -- and I will have it soon. You can pick up a Scott 299A for around $350 tops, have Craig do $250 work on it -- and it will completely smoke almost anything up to 3 times the money. The 299A I had definitely sounded better than the $2500 AE-25 Superamp DJH I had. They don't make them like this anymore, and if they did -- they would be extremely expensive. Point-to-point wiring throughout, and tube rectified amplification. Don't throw down that kind of money until you think this out. In other words -- don't do a 'Dean'.

Craig, no reason to thank me -- I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Yankee, forget your calculations. They are worthless when attempting to apply them to tube amps. Yeah, they say a watt is a watt -- but I can drive a person out of the room with 9 watts of SET.

I can easily hit 105db with my SET amp sitting 8 feet away from the speakers. Incidently, I listen to moslty Rock and Metal -- so, if there was a lack of bass or 'power' -- you would hear about it from me.

If you buy 'new', and decide you don't like it -- you are going to take a hell of a beating. Why not buy a slightly used piece?

http://www.audiogoN.com

That AE-25 Superamp is pretty much the same as my pp tube amp. It's great with the Forte-IIs and RF-7s. If for some reason, that is probably not good for your hearing, you want more power, the Superamp can be easily modified to ultra-linear mode for a ridiculous amount of power.

The Horn Mono is interesting, but nobody's heard one. The amp uses considerable feedback which may result in an elevated noise floor, limiting detail and ambience. However, the Horn Mono is designed for this application and may have been engineered so that the feedback doesn't limit the soft stuff.

I'm convinced the AE-25 will work with Forte-II or RF-7. I just don't know about the Horn Mono.

By the way, I think the Forte-II bass is faster than the RF-7's. The only place the RF-7s excell is in the high end, but for me, that's worth the tradeoffs.

leok