Cable Descramblers

Flason

Anyone here tried the cable descramblers they sell on e-bay? They list them like you can get all the movie channels as well as all the games. It claims that it is compatible with most of the boxes out there today, like my Scientific Atlantic via Time Warner.

The descramblers do work, there are some compatibility issues though, but while it is legal to sell them it is illegal to use them.. I dont know if they have de-scramblers for digital yet.

holy sheist! Gotta Run The FBI Is outside my house right now...Maybe if I invite them in for a beer...Hey and my descrambler did kinda fall apart...

Please send email and snacks to Sing Sing...

Clue

I was looking into one of the universal descrambles for sale on e-bay. I already get most of the movie channels, but was more interested in the audio processing part. When changing digital channels, the Scientific Atlantic makes a popping sound through the speakers. The pre-amp and amp don't make that sound at any other time when changing sources, but when you change the channel on say a digital music channel, it makes several loud popping sounds. I'm really not interested in getting more channels as I don't even watch the ones I have (maybe the cable company owes me money) but am more interested in not screwing up my speakers. BTW, volume of the pops is consistent no matter what volume level is set on the pre-amp.

The ones that are not designed for digital cable work just fine. They may go out for a day or two, but return shortly after that. Dont count on getting any big pay per view fights. Seems like they change or test the signal near the day the fight is coming. You may have to subscribe to basic cable in order to get the signal for the premium movie channels. You will still not get pay per view movies. You must match up the current box model number with the new hot box before you buy. While they are not actively searching hot boxes, the digital signal is said to refresh and test for unauthorized subscribers every 7 days. Digital renews the lease on the box based upon its subscriber lists, making a digital hot box problematic. I do not have the digital box and do not know anybody who does. 7.gif