APRIL 6-22 ELON MUSK INTERVIEW

Bubo

My brother kept telling me to watch this interview

So I did

It's a run down of his various ventures and thoughts on them

What intrigued me is, Mars is not very human friendly from what I understand

Why wouldn't the goal be to have robots build a robot factory on Mars

And have minimal 10-20K colonists instead of the million Musk is suggesting

Robots don't need air, food or water, and apparently energy sources are readily available on Mars

With AI, at some point do the Robots on Mars go their own way ?

If you don't need air, food, water... and can sit in standby mode for a thousand years

Getting around the Galaxy sounds much easier

0:14 A future that's worth getting excited about 2:44 The sustainable energy economy, batteries and 300 terawatt hours of installed capacity 7:06 "Humanity will solve sustainable energy." 8:47 Artificial intelligence and Tesla's progress on full self-driving cars 19:46 Tesla's Optimus humanoid robot 21:46 "People have no idea, this is going to be bigger than the car." 23:14 Avoiding an AI dystopia 26:39 The age of abundance 28:20 Neuralink and brain-machine interfaces 36:55 SpaceX's Starship and the mission to build a city on Mars 46:54 "It's the people of Mars' city." 50:14 What else can Starship do and help explore? 53:18 Possible synergies between Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company and Neuralink 54:44 Intercontinental travel via Starship 58:41 Being a billionaire 1:02:31 Philanthropy as love of humanity 1:03:39 Population collapse and birth rates as a threat to future of human civilization 1:04:13 Elon's drive 1:06:06 "I think if you want the future to be good, you must make it so."

Mars is human unfriendly and not a real thing  for people in my understanding. What it would take to survive is insanely prohibitive. But, the future is not known and Elon will learn a lot about it. He's gonna make money and that makes some mad, so good....

• Like 1