Different brand center?

audiowarrior

29 minutes ago, audiowarrior said:

I think you’re right.

I ran a test last night. I placed the L and R on chairs on either side of the screen toed in. I noticed a whole new listening experience. It was a lot better.

it’s going to be tough to mount the center up top because it’s almost 40 pounds. But let me ask you this… Are you implying that centers mounted high up increases the dispersion? I’m assuming the sound waves reflect off the ceiling and fall on the viewers?

My idea about raising the center speaker up high was to increase the distance between the speaker and all the seats so that the "cone of dispersion" would become larger and wider. But that is a tall task to mount up, so hopefully you can achieve satisfaction with the main speakers to the sides of the screen.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

My idea about raising the center speaker up high was to increase the distance between the speaker and all the seats so that the "cone of dispersion" would become larger and wider. But that is a tall task to mount up, so hopefully you can achieve satisfaction with the main speakers to the sides of the screen.

I love this idea.. hmm, maybe when I move into a new place, I can place the center farther from the viewers.

• Like 1