Pioneer Elite 45TX vs Denon 3803

QTklipsch

QT

I recently purchased an Onkyo DS 797 and right out of the box I wasn't happy with it. When I went to Tweeter to pick up a few items my salesman told me I had to check out this receiver with the Klipsch. I was the Pioneer 45tx. It sounded sweet, the sound processing was far superior to the Onkyo. I also listened to the Denon. I preferred the Pioneer for the menus, controls, setup and rear conector layout. I opted not to buy either one and went for the Pioneer 49TXi. I love the receiver but in all honesty the 45TX would have served me very well with a significant savings.

I would recommend taking your favorite DVD with either DTS or Doly surround and visit your local home theater shop and see which receiver you prefer. I used Episode 1 pod race, another good DTS movie is the DTS remix of Das Boat chapters 20 - 25, they did a fabluos job with the discretes. Sounds are coming from everywhere. I think it is chapter 21 as the guy is running through the sub you hear the voices of the men he is passing go from the center channel to the left and right fronts then to the rears.

You need to listen to both after all because it is your ears you need to please.

Pioneer gets my overall recommendation.

Good Luck

Scott

The Denon 3803 has video upconversion. With upconversion you can leave your display on one input which is very convenient. The problem is that some users on other forums report video output problems with the 3803.

The 45TX is THX select certified, which is to say that it is certified for 2000 cu. ft. rooms. To some this is important, to others it is not important. I'm of the opinion that THX certification was very good, but may loose its credibility now that Gearge Lucas has sold it.

Bill