Cost of Klipschorns

edreid

First let me say please forgive my total ignorance. I recently purchased a Klipsch ksw 15 I wanted the rsw but budget limited and a klipsch center channel the rsw III and I love them both I have allways been a wannabee audiophile and as my budget grows hopefully so will my system. anyway i hear all this raving of the klipschorns and is there anywhere I can go to hear them? and i found one place on the net selling them for 8k ( i know they are not authorized dealers but I was just getting a price.) is that the standard price? I have already learned from this board and plan to continue to learn thanks in advance for everyones input and help all over this board.

Ed

Ed,

Welcome to the forum!

Try the dealer locator, there might be one located nearby that has them. Or more likely there might be friendly forum nearby that would let you listen to them. You can come by and listen to mine if you wish, but I live in Indiana.

My local authorized Klipsch dealer said the the list price is $7,500 per pair.

I bought a pair of 1986 Oak Klipschorns within driving distance for $1,700. They were located 2 hours away, and were in excellent condition. I would love to have the cash to buy them new, but until then I will buy used.

Save your money and keep your eyes open, you should be able to buy a pair for $2,000 or so if are patient. If and when the opportunity comes be prepared to jump on them ASAP!

If you don't have a truck, make sure that you can borrow one, they are about 53" high by 32" wide and weigh approx. 167 lbs each.

Regards,

Greg

Ed

I bet that is frustrating. I don't know of any Klipch dealers in my area that even plan on displaying ANY of the newly re-released Heritage line. I have asked them...

If any of you are in the South Eastern Wisconsin area and want to hear some Khorns with ALK or SVS Ultras, send me an email.

JM