Me & My New RF-3

TwoWatt

Finally.

After much waiting & patience I was finally able to afford a pair of my most anticipated purchase. The RF-3 II. Found a guy online selling the pair for $475. After many emails I could tell he was a straight-shooter so I mailed him a MO for 1/2 of the $475 about a month ago. Drove the 150 miles to his house today. Auditioned the pair shortly & managed to squeeze them in my car for the ride home. The speakers aren't too big, but the boxes, geesh!

The speakers were in mint condition but a bit dusty. So the first thing I did was clean the speakers. I even used a soft T-Shirt & dry wiped the drivers out (I know, risky, but it worked fine, I couldn't stand to see those beautiful drivers dirty)

Oh, the second thing I did was bust a knob off the grill. I guess I see now why I've heard so many bad things about the grills. I wasn't man-handling the grill, but as I pulled, the top corner end just snapped. Didn't really bother me any as I am not planning on using the grills.

I was shocked however to see the speaker wouldn't accept a banana plug.

Also, the seller only had 4 spikes. So now I am on the hunt for replacements. Any help in that area is helpful.

Now the ever present placement question, I am 6 feet away from my TV. The speakers are 6 feet apart. Should I set them farther out? Its kind of a weird setup. My TV is 6 inches from the left speaker & about 2 feet from the left (entertainment center w/component rack on the right side)

I can only go 8 inches from the back wall. No more. I will post some pictures as soon as I can. Too dark & no flash digi-cam.

Other than that. I can't stop listening. I am hardly an audiophile but I know what sounds good.

Thanks for reading, any help with the questions is appreciated.

Congrats on your find- I still wish I had some Reference series, though my KG's suit me fine. 1.gif

About the spikes, I think Klipsch sells them as parts for those that are damaged- try calling them.

Distance between the speaker and TV should probably be the same on both sides for best imaging... There are some online tutorials about placement.

Oops gotta go... Star Wars Ep.II is now showing in my theatre. 9.gif