How I mounted my Heresy Center Channel

eq_shadimar

I have seen many people who are interested in having an all Heritage Home Theater system wonder how to mount the center channel. I have tackled the problem myself and thought I would post these pictures to show you guys what I did. The pictures are not the best quality but you can get the idea.

front.jpg

side.jpg

clearance.JPG

bracket.jpg

I hope this helps some of you out. Comments are welcome.

Laters,

----------------

On 1/8/2003 9:02:43 PM Vavoline wrote:

Very nice! Do the Heresys and Cornwalls have a good timbre match?

----------------

Yes I think that the Heresys and the Cornwalls are a great match. Other Klipsch folks who have visited my house seem to agree also.

Laters,

----------------

On 1/8/2003 10:10:10 PM skonopa wrote:

How did you attach the speaker to the bars? Did you mount a pair of 'U' brackets to the back of the speaker and slid the bars through?

Pretty neat, although I'd probably paint the bars black to add that extra finishing touch.

----------------

Yes I used the brackets that are normally used to attach the pipes to a wall. They are a very snug fit and do not move once tighted. I thought about painting the pipes but the unfinished looks actually fits into my decor better (going for that mod industrial look). I may add some additonal sail panels in the future to cover up the pipes. Still working that out. Thanks for the kind words.

Laters,

nicely done - especially the very subtle tilting.

I have all the parts for a modified Heresy center (using K-77 and K-55) - I may have some experimentation before I get the woofers right (starting w/Fostex sigmas). Until then I attached my Heresy ceiling mount for the enjoyment of a fellow tinkerer.

Great work!

post-8682-13819246111748_thumb.jpg

I'm impressed with the ceiling mounting...looks great!

Jeff, I like what you've done to anchor the Heresy on top of the Mitsu. It looks like you can now better direct the center speaker down towards your listening area...I have magazines under a Heresy so I can't get the speaker tilted as much.

Do you think it has improved your imaging for dialog or just removed the risk of falling off the TV?

It looks like my Academy deal may fall through so I'm back to 2 Cornwalls and 2 Heresys. Perhaps I'll just buy another pair of Heresys for center front & rear.

eq_shadimar if you had those bars chromed it would look better.LOL...Just kidding,I would of taken a 1/2' sheet of ply good on one side and size it for the width and depth of your TV,The front of the ply would be its resting point and the back i would of taken 1x2 ledger and screw it into the wall under the ply.As for angling the heresy i would of made a simple riser to the height you like made out of your left over 1x2 and screw it under the ply,Paint it all black to match the TV or change the finish to the cabinets and all is done and you would have nice storage on top to boot,I have done plenty like this and look more professional,2.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2003 5:06:35 PM hwatkins wrote:

nicely done - especially the very subtle tilting.

I have all the parts for a modified Heresy center (using K-77 and K-55) - I may have some experimentation before I get the woofers right (starting w/Fostex sigmas). Until then I attached my Heresy ceiling mount for the enjoyment of a fellow tinkerer.

Great work!

----------------

Thanks!! Man I love how you mounted those Heresys!! Do yo have any drawings that you could post on how you did that? That may solve a problem I am trying to overcoming in the planning of my dedicated front projector based home theater.

Laters,

----------------

On 1/11/2003 1:54:05 AM kjohnsonhp wrote:

I'm impressed with the ceiling mounting...looks great!

Jeff, I like what you've done to anchor the Heresy on top of the Mitsu. It looks like you can now better direct the center speaker down towards your listening area...I have magazines under a Heresy so I can't get the speaker tilted as much.

Do you think it has improved your imaging for dialog or just removed the risk of falling off the TV?

It looks like my Academy deal may fall through so I'm back to 2 Cornwalls and 2 Heresys. Perhaps I'll just buy another pair of Heresys for center front & rear.

----------------

Thanks!! Well mounting the center this way has done several things for me. The frist is that the 50 Lb speaker is no longer resting on the TV. This alows me to move the TV in and out much easier. I had also noticed that the top of the TV was starting to deform a bit and now it is back to normal. The angle is a little greater than when it was just resting on teh TV so I feel that the imaging is improved. Not a lot but it is an added bonus.

Laters,