Damn DAmn DAMN which oneee

manufanatic

Denon 3803, B7K 307, Rotel 1055 Pioneer elite VSX 47... Help me out, I have a 53 inch HDTV With a progressive scan DVD player and a HDTV DIRECTV receiver. But I Also want great 2 channel sound. Is Rotel or B&K the only way to go. Which will reach the deepest and tightest lows and is not overly bright. HELP HELP HELP

I auditioned the pioneer and denons and yamahas and other brands and the pioneer 47 won. It was the most appeasing to my ears. Then after futher research I ended up the pioneer 49txi. I liked the sound of the pioneer. theothers sounded great as not as good. Now my friend liked the Denon 4802. When we did a blind test I still picked the pioneer and he ended up choosing the yamaha.

This being my second HT receiver I was looking for a particular sound. The Pioneer did it for me.

You will find many who say seperates some say receiver.

I am a strong believer that the best rig is the rig that sounds the best to you.

You also have to consider your room. Some rigs will sound better than others.

I would recommend trying several units prior to making the purchase. Some stores will let you try before you buy or in my case apply for their credit card and take the rig home and try it for 30 days and bring it back if you dont like it. I was a very flexible and auditioned the scratch and dent rigs.

If asked a similar question and many responded supporting my decision and others offered their opinions and advice. But ultimately it was my ears that made the decision.

Scott

The Denon is great for HT but it's lacking in 2 channel. It sounded really lifeless. I've heard the Pioneer 45, not the 47. I found the 45 to be very similar to the Denon in sound quality. Great HT, okay 2 channel.

I would go with the Rotel. It's basically a RSP-1066 but with a 5 channel internal amp and a tuner. It's not as bright as the Denon or Pioneer, but it's high end is a lot clearer. I found it's 2 channel is a lot better than the Denon and Pioneer. Plus it sounded great for HT. Also the Rotel is upgradable, and Rotel has been releasing upgrades for it on a regular basis. I can't comment on the B&K.

I have a Denon 3802 and I think that the 2 channel is pretty nice sounding. Maybe it is just my listening environment, but I like how it sounds in 2 channel. There are also a lot of great features in the 3803 model as well. I like the 7.1 option and it had great sound fields you can choose from. The way to go is Denon.

RJB

Debate debate, I to like the Denon but i have to ask myself will i be using the denon for video switching capability. right now i have my dvd players going into the tv via the 2 comp inputs it provides and my RCA hdtv direct receiver utilizing the db 15 input. and finally the laserdisk player with dvd utilizing the s-video on input 4. My concern is with DVI none of these receivers take this account and still only incorporate analog component video switching. The DEnons and Pioneer Elites all feature these. My first requirement is better sound. The Yamaha i have is good in 2 channel but not great and its only dolby digital. It was yamays flagship 5-6 years ago and still has many features that even the new Denons and Pioneers dont. so should i use this as my Pre and find a parasound Rotel Acurus NAD or some other warm sounding 5 channel amp which leads me to another concern my yammy is only 5.1 Parasound does have an add on module to make it 6.1 but how about 7.1 on beyond. And finally is the wife acceptance factor. she says get whatever i want be really she means keep it under a grand. oh well