In ceiling or in wall with chorus up front?

Sam S.

Just like the title says. I have chorus II up front, and completely realize that the best option for rear and sides would be more chorus, forte, or quartet, or even kg series. But, my room is a bit limited space wise, and in wall sides and in ceiling surrounds might be more practical. My question is — anyone doing this or experiences? Recommendations?  Other factor is even if quartet or others are to be found, prices are astronomical. Opinions welcome.

• Like 1

Sure if either an in-ceilng or inwall will work for you architecturally speaking. Not sure what is left that accrues to the Klipsch museum but, a sticky post here somewhere. listing some.

Or straight from Klipsch.com.

Are you considering doing install yourself?

There are some directional and LCR architecturals that may suit your needs. Could try 2 at first to confirm. How about the center channel?

@Sam S.

Thanks. I did find a few posts mentioning cdt-5800 in wall (I think referencing lascala up front). So that might be a decent option to try. My center is KG 2.2 and overall I’m satisfied with that. Considering that, it might make more sense to try and make kg1 or 2 work in the back. Easier to find than more chorus or quartet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam S. said:

Thanks. I did find a few posts mentioning cdt-5800 in wall (I think referencing lascala up front). So that might be a decent option to try. My center is KG 2.2 and overall I’m satisfied with that. Considering that, it might make more sense to try and make kg1 or 2 work in the back. Easier to find that more chorus or quartet.

Nothing wrong with KG-2.5 or 2.2. Both used for surrounds.

Yes do see the 5800s used quite often here. Some using 

them for Atmos.

Edited by billybob
Added

Thanks, Billybob. I’d thought room was an issue, but my mind was thinking more Chorus, and certainly that isn’t possible in this room (basement). I had a pair of kg .5’s I gave to my daughter. These could be the ticket if I can wrangle them back and come up with some stands or figure out wall mounting. 

3 hours ago, Sam S. said:

Thanks, Billybob. I’d thought room was an issue, but my mind was thinking more Chorus, and certainly that isn’t possible in this room (basement). I had a pair of kg .5’s I gave to my daughter. These could be the ticket if I can wrangle them back and come up with some stands or figure out wall mounting. 

Yes do not know what is your plan for an HT and or stereo but, 2 channel Chorus should do both more than adequately.

Had some 1.5s that were decent.