Klipsch RP-240D (back of speaker = 4 ohms, klipsch spes website says 8 ohms) on 8 ohms minimum amplifier

Yeepeefr

About the Klipsch RP-240D

Klipsch website rates it as 8 ohms.

But once received, on the back of the speaker, its rated as 4 ohms

My amplifier requires 8 ohms minimum speakers.

Main question is : safe to use as is on a 8 ohm amplifier ?

Secondary question : who s right : klipsch website ? back of speaker ? (or both and i m missing something and they are meant to be use also on 8 ohm rated amplifiers)

Yamaha mx a5200 (11 channels). 

The amplifier can be turned in low impedence mode, in this case i d need to use either front R or L channel for this speaker (that is Top center in my room configuration), because low impedence is 4 ohms for only 2 channles which are supposedly the main speakers (L/R), the others being in 6 ohms. But after exchanging with yamaha, they strongly advise against doing so for only 1 speaker in my whole configuration (as it would globally lower all the other channels efficiency except for the 240D), and adviced to ask Klipsch if the speaker was 8 ohm compatible, and if not, find another solution for a low profile speaker.

• 4 months later...

Thread resurrection.

Can someone please explain this anomaly about the Klipsch cabinet specifying 8 ohms???

Set of KG-3.5 - "8 ohms" - reads 3.9 ohms on speaker output

Set of R-610F - "8 ohms compatible" - reads 3.9 ohms on speaker output

Worried.. Both of  my tube amps designated for each speakers are 8 ohms speaker output (no 4-ohms). I just don't want to wake up one day and my output transformer is toast. Even the Klipsch woofer lets say K-1054-KVis reading 3.5 ohms. if this is a 4 ohm unit, then why specify nominal loudspeaker impedance as 8 ohm. This specification is beyond me... orangeconfused.gif  Anyone? 

Thanks, CCG