Suggestion needed from tube users

PHIL O

I want to run a set of tubes to power a pair of Heresies off my Denon 3802 using the second zone pre-out. Can I do this?

The room is (estimating) 18 by 10,maybe a little larger. I want a nice clean sweet sound, maybe for jazz, some rhythm & blues, possibly a little rap here and there. I don't need to tear the walls down with sound since I'm in an apartment, but I do want to be able to krank it up in the future. Or maybe I can just upgrade later and settle for something nice clean and subtle for now.

Used is okay, as well as DIY.

About how many watts would be appropriate? I saw that ELLA set-up, it looks interesting too? What about EICO, are they affordable, and I think I read somewhere Scotts too?

Sorry for the mini-novel I just wrote, but I'm new to this tube thing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil,

I had never heard of Eico until I found the 2-channel forum here. About a year ago I started stopping by and reading all about this HF-81 that a few people, mainly mobile homeless, were raving about. So I picked one up off ebay and tried it out with my Khorns. I have to say it is by far the best bang for your buck integrated amp I have ever used. The sound to dollar ratio is outstanding. I have never heard the Heresy speakers myself but I would venture to guess that the Eico would be way more than enough to power them mildly. Out of a volume range between 0-9 I can barely exceed 3-5 depending on the recording. The 28 watts this thing puts out aren't messing around.

Check out this link, I think you will find it interesting:

http://home.earthlink.net/~eico_hf81/