for marksdad.........

prodj101

hello prodj101, many here will tell you that the 3's and 5's are similar enough to not spend the extra money, i of course disagree. when i made my purchases i did head to head on all the floor standers (klipsch), i even had synergy and reference next to each other. from 3 to 5 to 7 there are differences, the 3's are a beautifull sounding speaker, the 5's better, the 5's are in a slightly larger cabinet, your choice of finishes (wood not vinyl), even though they are very similar the slightly larger enclosure offers a deeper fuller sound, i have to be honest i am very pleased with the 3's and 5's equally. and soon i will be selling the 3's and rc7 not because of any reason except to step further into the heritage line, my son will have the 5's for his gaming, yes there is enough difference to keep 1 over the other, better mids, everything else is just a bit larger, fuller. i am just learning the teck aspect of speakers and amplification, so sorry for not explaining in tek terms, just stating what my ears experience, hope this helps12.gif