Active woofer for a Klipch sw311 ( same as sw310?)

Mikekid

Hi, I have an sw 311 that crackles a bit when it's on loud enough to matter. Not cranked...just moving the woofer a bit. Voice coil rub.  Is the active driver of the sw310 the same one as my sw311? I can find a driver for the 310. Both part numbers are one off ( 1011408 for the 311 / 1011407 for the 310 )Both have the same v9396 numbers on them though. The drivers look exactly alike. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you!  Mike.

• Like 1

Thank you billybob! I never realized this thing was ever that expensive! Purchased on a closeout in 2016. Not even close to that! Anyway, I did finally get hold of Klipsch and they do have the exact driver for it...so will order in the morning. Ordering system is down today for updating. 👌 I am surprised they actually had the part!

• Like 1

I was looking for a small sub back then ..at least 10 inch minimum to put under our end-table at one end of the couch. The other end of the couch- end table is the even older, recently repaired with a used oem active driver for our rsw 10. Found a good one on ebay finally after years of it being stored in shop. These both have been the only ones I could find to fit between the legs and stay clear of the drawer above that wasn't ridiculous in price. Paid just under 500 shipping included, brand new in box.  Also paid just over 500 for the rsw new at clearance several years before. Subs were so damn huge back then. If that little SVS sb1000 was available back then! Anyway, we still use and love our original, front firing Hsu VTF3 in the front corner. That thing can get very ridiculous if up too much. Love that thing. And still works like a champ since purchased new in 2003. I have taken weeks to adjust three subs to our liking. We have been told to do subs in twos for best results. But, these have been working so well together in our very open front room...that is, until we found that driver, sw311 starting to go out. Just got off the phone this morning to complete my order on the driver. All set! Both of those little Klipsch' are great too! Just need to watch for lightning in summertime!  Unreal loud THUMP after extremely close lightning strikes a few times over the years. Surge don't work for that...so will unplug when needed.  Fried an extra flat screen Sony in extra room and a Yamaha receiver rxv-3000 several years before too. Both were off/not running. We live in mountainous area so strikes are nuts sometimes. Always a pleasure talking with you ~ Practice typing and speaking since April. Bumped my stupid head pretty good..LOL so I hope I am not too confusing...    Thanks billybob ~Mike  -oh and I forgot about our very old sw 12II sub that is still in it's box and stored. I think a cap or two was going inside amp. Just was getting old. We have never abused anything in here and do not like subs overdriven more than just clean output! Our equipment signature has not been updated and cannot get it to stick after fixing...oh well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. In Florida so understand about surges, etc.

Klipsch has a couple of more subs that punch above their 8 inch size from abit back.

Your 311 was not familiar with.

Yes you are doing well in that department.

Also, hope you can reconnect with members from before I even knew of a Klipsch forum.

Nice to speak with you.

• Like 1

billybob you are obviously awesome! I really do appreciate your reply above. I did order and receive the actual Klipsch driver directly from Klipsch yesterday. Installed it and the sub is just like brand new again. The sub driver ( brand new model sw311 driver) was very well/safely packaged and was sent out soon after I ordered. Jan 4 to arriving early afternoon Jan 9,  including the weekend. 3 business days. Cannot get better than that! Once again...Klipsch handled business! 👌 Take care Billybob  ~Mike

• Like 1