Promedia 2.1 thx speaker cutting out

Shelden4141

My promedia 2.1 thx cuts out on one speaker randomly but works when I unplug it from the pc and plug it back in. Works for a little while and cuts out again. Both speakers work and all cables are tight and correctly plugged in. My other speakers don't have this issue when using the same port.

• Like 1

Not knowing how old yours is....  some of the older units had a DIN plug where the wires would break in/at the plug and speakers go silent.  Mine did this.  Someone on the internet took it apart, traced the wires and came up with a Radio Shack part number of their DIN plug wire....  and you could snip the plug off, splice in the Radio Shack part BUT, the colors don't match.

So, Red doesn't go to Red....  what this person did is figure out that  Red went to Yellow, Green went to Blue....so forth.

Klipsch had/has a replacement wire that fixed that.

I've no idea if this is your issue.  If you have a newer version of the PM's, then I think Klipsch fixed it on the factory side Still...  might be worth taking an Ohm meter to see if each connection goes all the way through.  If this is it, it's just a matter of either fixing or replacing the wire.

If this is NOT your issue, then ignore everything I've said as I'm clueless.