A Klipschorn stock mod hows this guys?

Jim Cornell

I bought my Khorns 4 years ago used. One top was missing. After i recently changed my mid-horns to the EV horns i have one to build and one to rebuild.

I still experiment with the right placement of the EV horns. When the mounting plate of these horns is parallel to the front of the bass section, then the horns lips hang over - much more than the Altec 511. When i move it backwards (i can move them lot around, about the half depth of the Khorns depth) i listen a great difference in the mid-bass region. Moving them backwards give me more mid-bass, but it sounds that vocals come to late. I would like to place them without front overhang, but i found they sound best when they overhang. Next i try with a vertical placement of the tweeters beside the mid-horns and will listen to them a few days.

So (re-)building will wait.

I would like to have your CJ amp ;-). I listened to the CJ 55 amp with Khorns at a friend. I wish it would be mine. Saw this amp at a dealer for 1500,- $ used, i can't afford it now. Wait - wait - wait - AAARGH.

Bernd