Sub amps and watts rms

Mikekid

Something I have wondered for several years now is what is up with the massive amount of watts in these plate amps inside powered subs? We have an old Hsu Vtf-3 from 2003, the original version. It is still working beautifully along with our Klipsch gear. It is rated at 250 watts rms and could remove the paint in here if turned up some more. It is what we consider a very clean sub and am amazed it is still going strong after all these years. Love it!  I cannot imagine needing a higher wattage in this box...why would I need more exactly? Just curious is all..... 👍

Actually, our room is pretty large. Maybe our listening 'styles' vary I suppose. Even with the smaller two rear subs turned off that big old Hsu , when turned up even a bit is pretty amazing in here. I'll try to get a few pics of the living room area. All open to dining and Kitchen too. Even with that.. those spls are a-ok! For us for sure....👌