Original Heresy Woofer??

Invidiosulus

I opened up my heresies the other day to take a look around and just to make sure all of the connections were as good as they should be.

The woofers on both of them are the K-22-R model, I thought I remembered someone saying that these were the klipsch replacement driver used in warranty work. Meaning these would be stock klipsch parts but not the drivers these bad boys originally shipped out with.

Any further enlightenment on the subject of the originality of parts in these guys would help to put my mind at rest.

Keep in mind that these speakers are performing at (imo)110% as they sound wonderful whether or not their inner workings are original.

Heresy#1

SN/ 127W278

Balancing network/ Type E

K-77-M tweeter #72505

K-55-V squawker #184457

K-22-R woofer #23636

Heresy#2

SN/ 127W279

Balancing network/ Type E

K-77-M tweeter #72504

K-55-V squawker #205008

K-22-R woofer #25910

I took some photographs of these guys but it will be awhile before I have them since they were on the beginning of a roll of film.

Peace, Josh

Klipsch used a "R" in the model number to indicate that it had been replaced. Klipsch warranty kinda replaced 1 with no questions asked. I am sure it is a match to the original. The new replacement is a K-24.

I have tried the K-24 and other drivers like Layne Audio. There is very little difference of drivers in a sealed box. Keep your K-22Rs.