R115SW no sound but LED is working

philsen89

I’m using a r115sw since 1 year. Today I felt no bass while watching a movie and I checked the sub. The LED is on, the cables are all working but there is no sound, even when I unplug the cable from my av and touch it directly the chinch. 

I read a lot about damaged amps in this subwoofer but would the LED shine with a damaged amp?

Fortunately I’m still in warranty so I will contact my dealer tomorrow but I’m not in the mood for this shipping and repair shit…

The next thing is, that a new amp probably will not fix the known heat problem? 

Any suggestions?

Make sure your A/V equipment is set to properly send a signal to the sub. And make sure the cable is plugged into the correct jack on the A/V.

Lastly, try another cable.

Also, your sub probably has an Off/Auto/On switch. Most people leave it in Auto and I presume you do too. So turn it to On and see what happens.

According to the manual, the LED is on when the sub is on AND receiving a signal. So unplug the cable from the sub and see if the LED goes off. Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes. That will at least confirm a signal is reaching the sub, and you could ignore my suggestions above.