Cornwall ?

JJT

Hello Joe,

The Serial # you gave would be for 1981 Cornwalls. Also CBR means "Cornwall, Birch, Raw finish" (also CWO means Cornwall, Walnut veneer, Oil finish).

Cornwalls on Ebay usually go from about a low of $550 to a high of about $1200. Most pairs go for around $700 to $800. One of the big things when bidding on a pair is to try and find them within a reasonable driving distance so you don't have to worry about expensive shipping and potential damage. Amazingly, my brother bought a pair and fit them into his Honda - but he had to take the seats out (not the driver's seat, obviously).

Anyway, the Cornwalls are a super speaker that are built to last a lifetime - I think you would be quite happy with a pair.

Happy hunting.

Klipschguy

Joe---I purchased a pair of 1976 walnut Cornwalls for $850.00 a few months ago. Now that I have had time to really listen to them, I can tell you that they are just really wonderful sounding speakers. I have had some "audiophile" speakers in the past, and the Cornwalls blow all of them out of the water. Knowing what I know now, I would pay two or even three times the price I paid! If you have a chance to buy a pair, don't let them slip away---just do it--you will NOT be sorry...... Johnny

------------------

Johnny

Thanks for the replies guys. I took the plunge($700 "buy it now" off ebay, delivered). The seller is located 90 miles from me in Poughkeepsie NY, that peaked my interest. I had made arrangements to pick up the Cornwalls on this coming Friday, informed the seller and thats when I got lucky, the seller told me he was coming to Brooklyn on that Friday to visit his daughter, and he would drop the Corns off at my house. By the way he has a single Cornwall in walnut, if anyone is interested feel free to contact me. Sellers reason for letting them go, he's relocating from a house in Poughkeepsie to an apartment in the Bronx.

Joe T

Pete C,

3 Cornwall's take up lots of real estate. I haven't decided if i will incoporate them into my HT system or jump into this 2 channel tube craze. First I wont beleive I have them, till I have them. Can't wait until Friday night.

Joe T

Life is good, seller delivered my Cornwalls tonite. Corns are in excellent shape. The seller actually became annoyed when I connected them to Yamaha HT receiver and he recommended several amps. I assured him it was temporary. First impression, the Cornwalls have knock you off your chair onto your a** dynamics, played some familiar music and heard nuances I hadn't heard before. Thanks again for your replies.

Joe T smile.gif

Congrats Joe on your Cornwalls.

Man I Really love my 1977 pair. Mine are in the corners and toed in on the short wall of a 20 x 32 foot room with vaulted ceiling and MAN do they sound good. I still get excited when I listen to these babies and I've had them for 10 years. Great bass, even in the huge room.

Wife and kids were gone the other day, so I decided to see how loud my Cornwalls would play (without distortion, of course), since it had been a long time since a real crank session. Anyway, I put on some high impact new age rock music, you know the kind with super deep bass drums and bass guitar with plenty of overdrive in the lead and rythym amps. HOLY SMOKES those things will absolutely crank - I couln't even approach speakers within about five feet. The walls and floor were shaking. The sound was clean, clear, no audible distortion nor dynamic compression. The amp was just cruising along and not clipping.

Anyway, how big is your room? Do you have them corner loaded (definitely will add visceral impact to your Cornwalls)? I looked up the pair you bought on Ebay and they look sweet. What were you listening to before the Cornwalls?

Again, welcome to the club.

Klipschguy

I acquired my fist couple months ago I also love them the neighbors have not complained to me yet but my brother had a pair and some one from about 3 blocks away called the police I just can not imagine anyone not liking the doors the one thing I notice fist is how well new recordings sound as to old tape stuff that's been put to cd my wife works for a radio station and she brings new stuff home all the time then I put on the old rolling stones and man you can here the differences I wonder how many cornwalls it would take to cook a chicken

Benny

Weiming, At the least they're close cousins !! S/N 29W130 and 131.

Klipschguy,

I have them placed in the "living room" 11' apart on a wall 12' wide, about 2" from the wall and they're not cornered. The room is 14.5" long with a 9' ceiling. I'm going to move them into the basement in the near future. Unless, I can talk my wife into losing one of the two couches in the "living room" smile.gif. But I'll probally still set the Corns up, in a room in the basement. Its 16.5' wide, length 17.5', 7' ceiling and 3 good corners.

I was and still will, (just not as often), use my modest HT setup: Klipsch KSB1.1 fronts, KSC-C1 center, Rebel KSS-3 sub/sat rears and KSW12 front sub.

Benny,

LOL's I personally think 2 Corns will get it done. Cooking time will vary depending on source material and choice of amplification (tubes or solid state).

By the way when I came home from work yesterday, I was pleasntly suprised to see that my wife loaded the CD and DVD changers with some of her favorite CD's and was listening to them. Maybe it wont be that hard to get her to let that couch go afterall. smile.gif

Proud to be welcomed into the Cornwall club,

Joe T

I've had a pair of Cornwall's since 1982. My kid brother built them when he worked at the Hope plant. They have always performed to my satisfaction. Except for wanting K-Horns, I couldn't ask for better speakers.

I also had a pair of Bose 901's across the room for complete coverage. These two pair could clear the wife's knick-knacks in short order. And the neighbors 1/4 mile away could feel them thump.

------------------

Larry A. Patton

"The Eagle Soars Alone"