How to get DD on Xbox to work?

Diggs

Damn I feel so stupid. I got the Interlink 200 and the optical cable. I hooked the optical into the optical jack and have the yellow coax going into the VDP jack (I don't think I'll ever use that one, so I put it there) I get sound, and the receiver is getting the signal (the digital/analog icon lights up as digital), but I get no DD, just Pro-Logic. I set the dashboard on the Xbox to Dolby Surround (why does it say surround?)

In case the receiver doesn't allow the VDP to receive a DD signal, I changed the reciever to recieve the optical signal as a DVD instead. Still no DD.

Help?

Do you not get DD when you are trying to play games or is it something else? I have the avpack and really had no problem setting it up. If you are getting sound, even pro-logic, through the digital cable i can't understand what the problem would be, my avpack has functioned flawlessly.

That's the problem. I get sound through the optical cable, only Pro-logic. The red and white coax aren't even hooked up. There are no options for DD or DTS on my Xbox dashboard. Which AV pack do you have? I actually think there may be problems with the 200 not relaying DD or DTS. I'm not going to give up until I find an answer. Monster's going to hear from me.

Hey,

I do not have the monster AV pack I opted to save a few buck and went with the Microsoft Hi def pack with component video and optical audio. When this AV pack is connected it appears the xbox auto senses this and provides the additional setting in the Audio section of the dash board.

On the XBOX Purchased (Nov 15th original release) connected to the HT I have the following selections;

Audio

Audio Mode Digital Surround

Dolby Digital Enabled

DTS Enabled

On my sons Xbox (purchased this past Xmas) with the standard AV pack

Audio

Stereo

Dolby Surround

Hope this info helps and let me tell you Halo is unreal.

Scott