Heritage questions...

shoe11

Tonight while I was at the dealer performing my RF-7 exchange, I decided to ask him whether or not he could get Heritage models in for me. Being that he is an authorized dealer I figured he could, so I gave him the model names and sure enough he was able to pull each of them up in the computer with their associated prices. Given that I have a trade up program available and I'm already into Klipsch for more than the price of the LaScala's, the thought has crossed my mind of someday in the future trading up to a Heritage model.

My questions are:

1) If you could acquire any new model in the Heritage line, which would it be?

2) From my time on the forums, I see very few members who own new (00-02) model Heritage speakers. Is there a reason for this? Are the vintage model Heritage better than the new ones being made? Are the new ones just very hard to get?

3) Assuming I wanted to order a new pair of 2003 La Scalas, what kind of build/delivery time should I expect? I know the Heritage models are made in much smaller quantities, but how much smaller?

Any comments would be appreciated.

~shoe

I think it won't be long and you will see people stumbleling in here with new Heritages. I bet they sound just as good as vintage !! What I would get would depend on the room your going to use them in . If your room will except Khorn the descision would be over for me. But if the corner don't lend themselves well I wouldn't hesitate to get Lascalas or Bells. From what I understand they sound Identical to each other so now its a matter of looks and cost !!

Craig

Why old vs new? PRICE! Then availability from my perspective. Many are buying the new Heritage and as they roll out the door I'm sure we will see more of those happy owners but when someone puts a mint pair of say Belles on ebay a price in the range of new ones (ie $4k people freak out...why pay $4k when you can get Belles under $2k used).

Compare these prices to new:

* Klipschorns -- $2300+/- depending on condition/wood/etc.

* Belles -- $1400-$2500+/-

* LaScala -- $800-$1400+/-

* Cornwall (not available new) $700-$1100+/-

* Heresy -- $350-$500

Given that they have been made for decades they are plentiful and many in great condition. Many cabinets can easily be restored since they are plywood (not pressboard with sticker finishes) any many folks find the wear worth the discount.

I've also started to see several new units on ebay for pretty deep discounts.

I don't perceive the new units have the same value prop as the old ones based on price. I've got a pair of Heresy and a pair of Corns in my HT and total I"m at $1200 delivered. For $1600 I should have a 6 speaker HT.