Dolby Atmos Supported
Dolby Digital Incorrect Implementation
Dolby Digital Plus Incorrect Implementation
Dolby TrueHD Supported
DTS Not Supported
DTS:X Not Supported
DTS-HD MA Not Supported
PCM Channels Up To 7.1

This soundbar has amazing audio format support via ARC. It supports Dolby Digital, which is the most common surround sound format. It can also play lossless and object-based surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos and has eARC support. However, unlike the Sony HT-A3000, it doesn't support DTS content. Also, when you play Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus content, any dedicated left or right audio plays on both channels simultaneously. This is also true with the left and right surround channels, meaning that sound effects aren't as accurately localized within the soundstage. For example, a voice meant to come from the left seems like it's coming from the left and right simultaneously, which doesn't give you the same life-like feel.

Do you know what they were talking about then?  Especially when they didn't mention these issues with the Cinema 600.   Having both left and right channels playing when it should be left or right only would be bad.

Mine comes today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 11:08 AM, alkemyst said:

Do you know what they were talking about then?  Especially when they didn't mention these issues with the Cinema 600.   Having both left and right channels playing when it should be left or right only would be bad.

Mine comes today.

Well, I'm curious if there was an issue? 

On 8/2/2023 at 7:44 PM, Zen Traveler said:

Well, I'm curious if there was an issue? 

The consensus is they have been known to inject things at times to steer those into other brands especially after they started going with a paid subscriber model.   No one that owns Cinema 800's I spoke with understands what they posted.   It is true that Atmos gets mixed to the the left and right mains due to not having dedicated Atmos speakers like the Cinema 1200's, but the mains do indeed play discrete when they are supposed to.   My son loves the setup (I added an unused R120-SW to it, but not the surround speakers).