RSW-500 and RW-5802 connection

Problmhouston

Good morning everyone.  I am in the process of building my home theater which will consist of 7 R-5502 in walls, 4 CDT-5650 in ceilings and 3 (left, right and center) RW-5802 in wall subwoofers powered by the RSW-500.  The rest of the system will be powered by a new receiver that I have not yet chosen due to my uncertainty on how to connect the passive subs.  So that leads us to my question...How do I connect the in wall 5502s and get a full range signal (or set to large in the AVR) and still get a full range signal from the receiver sent to the RSW-500 subwoofer amp to power the in wall subs?  My only guess is if the AVR is capable of powering the R-5502s (LCR) with it's built in amps and also send out a full range signal using the LCR pre-out (RCA) to the RSA-500 to power the RSW-5802s.  I hope I am not confusing anyone but I just want to make sure I get all the right equipment installed up front and not have to worry about it when it's time to watch a movie.  Thank you in advance

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Problmhouston said:

Good morning everyone.  I am in the process of building my home theater which will consist of 7 R-5502 in walls, 4 CDT-5650 in ceilings and 3 (left, right and center) RW-5802 in wall subwoofers powered by the RSW-500.  The rest of the system will be powered by a new receiver that I have not yet chosen due to my uncertainty on how to connect the passive subs.  So that leads us to my question...How do I connect the in wall 5502s and get a full range signal (or set to large in the AVR) and still get a full range signal from the receiver sent to the RSW-500 subwoofer amp to power the in wall subs?  My only guess is if the AVR is capable of powering the R-5502s (LCR) with it's built in amps and also send out a full range signal using the LCR pre-out (RCA) to the RSA-500 to power the RSW-5802s.  I hope I am not confusing anyone but I just want to make sure I get all the right equipment installed up front and not have to worry about it when it's time to watch a movie.  Thank you in advance

The 500 only powers 2 5802 inwall sub 

@Problmhouston

4 minutes ago, Problmhouston said:

Right.  I want a full range out of the AVR and use the crossover function in the RSW500.  But I need to make sure I can use both speaker and preouts for LCR atthe same time.

Do you have the AVR, or the model, brand?

You likely know this but, the 500s are mono amplifiers. It will matter indeed about the LCR hookup. In other words, for a left and right channel, the Center will use the same as either the L or R.

Maybe that is your expectations.

Edited by billybob