Looking for 50's slot-loaded cornerhorns

KenLehr

In the late 50's, we built a pair of slot-loaded cornerhorns for my frat house in Cincinnati that were quite good at the time. We used a Bell stereo tape deck and stereo amplifiers whose cost keep me from having much of a social life. I have scanned this forum for clues to these designs and can only say that the items were something between and/or like a Rebel or a Shorthorn. We obtained the plans from a hi-fi publication at the times.

I've noted that two or three of the veteran contributors to this forum(HDBR,CaptnBob,...) have intimate knowledge of the old Klipsch designs (other than the well-known Klipschorn and Belles, etc). Being retired, I have all the time in the world to return to this former hobby of building enclosures and I need some help to find copies of those old plans.

Thanks for your attention and in advance for anything you might offer.

1.gif

Hi, Ken and welcome aboard!

Shorthorn plans (and plans for a wide variety of other speakers, from VOTTs to Jensen Imperials) are in a book I've seen at the local library. I have forgotten the authors and exact title, but give me a little while and I'll come up with it. I do know the cover is red, if that helps.9.gif

Att: greg928s4

Thanks for your anticipation; I have none of my own work on hand at this time. However, in approximately 4-6 weeks, I will be happy to post some photographs of the expected results.

One of the units built in the past was a modification of the JBL Paragon. Like a lot of us, it was sold off when the living quarters were too small to hold the hardware.

Thanks for asking.

KenLehr