monster cable upgrade

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if you've found a Canadian distributer that carries the monster cables for 4.1. As for the wall brackets, try going to a hardware store like Home Depot and buy L-shaped corner braces at $1.50 a piece. They're actually a nicely polished sturdy metal that looks pretty good and screws perfectly on to the PM sattelites. Works nicely as a wall-mounted speaker bracket, it just isn't adjustable though.

I went to Canadian Tire and picked up some RCA 16 gauge home theatre speaker wire, it is supposed to be 100% oxygen free. It looked pretty good, but it was a bit too think to fit into the little plugs nicely.

Radio Shack wire would probably be alright, but if you want some high quality stuff do a little shopping around in stores like Future Shop, Visions, and A&B Sound. You will likely find something good there. If all else fails, you could probably try some good speaker wire designed for car audio systems.

Hi, I've just changed my speaker wires (for my 4.1) with monster cable 12 GA and on one side I got 1 mono plug and on the other side one stereo plug (our local radio shack didnt got more than one mono) and it's working good, the sound is much better. To make the stereo plug work, you have to connect two of the three connectors together (the longest one and de mid one, the short one is the + and must stay alone).

The two rears will be changed soon, I got all the stuff but didnt got the time ;o)

BTW, I'm living in Canada and got my monster cables from a local electronic store 1.gif