Appreciating my Klipsch even more

Bruinsrme

I recently posted concerns with my RC7 being muffled.

A month ago I flew down to Florida to install a Cambridge sound surround system with a Panasonic receiver for my dad. His hearing isn't all there and he didn't want to go all out, neither did I since my cheap brothers didn't want to pitch in. For what the system is it sounds great. This past weekend I flew down to watch some movies with Dad. We watch Minority Reports, XXX, The fast and Furious, Das Boot, Episode 1 and Behind enemy Lines.

I have watched all these movies on my system. Watching them on his system I finally started to appreciated what I had 1500 miles away. I never appreciated the sound quality and feel the Klipsch provide. The Cambridge sound simply lacked the in your face, crisp high, deep lows,a dn smooth mids that I have grown to expect from a system.

Now I feel horrible and wish I bought him a klipsch system.

Scott

bruins, how is that rsw-10? I'm thinking about it. I can get a pretty good deal on it right now. It's either that or the 12. If I get the 12, I may be happy. But with the 10, I'm thinking of adding an svs in the future for the lower frequencies. Are you pleased with the 10's performance on dvd's? Have you gotten it to distort yet?

-UP

Hofy I do agree, I cherish every second I spend with my dad. I fly down to see him about every 4 weeks. the time we share together is invaluable/priceless.

Underhanded Pen go BIGGER or go with 2 RSW-10. the sub performance is excellent and would recommend it for a small room. But if you more punch or have a larger room I would save a little longer for the RSW15

Scott

Scott:

I looks like we have similar systems. How's that bass management sound on the Klipsch's when playing SACDs and DVD-As? I haven't pulled my stuff in yet. Waitng's been like getting a root canal! **ACK!** 14.gif

:Picky 2.gif

I have been letting the receiver provide the bass management. The first SACD I played was Fleetwood Mac rumors. I was somewhat disappointed in the sound quality. the channel seperation is great.

To be honest with you have not spent a great deal of time on tuning the music side as of yet. Although with Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon coming out in March I am going to take some time to see if I can bring it in.

Straight out the box Hotel California and REM Automatic for the People sound great.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions and I will do the same.

I bought the Cambridge SoundWorks MovieWorks 56 Home Theater Speaker System for my dad.

For the money the sound is great. As with any cube speaker the sound range is limited and the deep *** and mid are lacking. My dad loves them, although a nice set of towers would fit nicely in the room but mom would flip out.

I tried cambridge sound newton series and though the sound was adequate. After listening to the Klipsch the comparison left no question which speaker my ears prefered.