Have some fun going active with DSP. Try it, you'll like it!

jorjen

i have wanted to go active 3-way for quite some time. Always thought it made HUGE sense to eliminate caps, coils, etc. from the signal path. i fell for the notion of DSP soon after. I for some time was never able to come up with a way to verify that I could make it not only work but sound good in my environment. In other words, I wanted to put a small amount of money into a couple of components just to try it out. Then if i got even some fair results I would take a real stab at it when I could afford to.

I was finally able to try it with more than satisfactory results. Well time to give someone else a chance at superior performance using the exact same gear. I now know I can more than make it work. I am offering some nice components at fair prices so one can accomplish this task without putting themselves in the poor house.

Would like to move as a package, but will show separate pricing as well. ***NO DSP  AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME I AM KEEPING MY XILICA***

Did my system for vinyl out. Soundsmith Zephyr III cart. into and out of a Lehmann Black  Cube SE II Phono stage into and out of the Schiit Freya S preamp into an Emotiva Six-channel amp.(6-0-0)

Gear is offered at nice pricing. Payment is with PayPal.

See below:

Emotiva XPA-6 GEN 3 Modular Power Amp. Actual Mod. # 6-0-0 

orig. price $1999.00, My asking price $1299.00.

Amp is basically brand new. Purchased last year.

Schiit Freya S solid state stereo preamp/controller AND if you want to use both balanced and unbalanced analog sources and need to send their signals to both a balanced and an unbalanced amplifier, powered speaker, or subwoofer, the Freya S has the necessary inputs and outputs to do that.

·        If you have widely varying output levels from your sources the Freya S has three different gain levels. It can be a passive (meaning: buffer only with 0 dB gain) or an active gain stage (with 0 dB gain) or an active stage (with 12 dB of gain). The passive mode sounds completely transparent to me – meaning that I can’t hear any coloration and that is the sign of a very good preamp regardless of cost.

·        Unlike most preamplifiers in this price range, instead of a standard “part pot” (off-the-shelf stock part) volume control, the Freya S uses a 128-step resister volume control which is more accurate at keeping the correct balance between channels. I expect this from much more expensive preamps.

·        Instead of converting balanced signals to single-ended as most preamps do at this price point – the Freya S is a true differential balanced design that keeps balanced signals balanced throughout. If you need both balanced and single ended from either a balanced or single-ended source, the Freya S can supply both outputs from either source type.

Schiit Freya S Orig. Price $599.00, my asking price - $449.00(like new)

Lehmann Audio Black Cube Special Edition ii M/MC phono stage.orig."i price -$,1500.00 My asking price $975.00(excellent shpe) Separate power supply.

Compatibility with a large number of cartridges and highly adjustable to match just about any cartridge. Plenty of output as well. 

Sound smith Zephyr Mk III Moving Iron cart.. Orig. price - $1,499.00 my asking price $700.00(some signs of age but low hours(approximately 300'hrs.)

Good stylus. Ideal tracking1.9 gr. Widely compatible with a lot of cartridges and component phono stages. 

As a package to convert to active,

I wail include enough balanced cables to do the set-up.

Package price. $3623.00

xpa_gen3_User_Manual_v32.pdf

Edited by jorjen
forgot to show NO DSP AVAILABLE