rsw 12, most impressive

Fish

Congratulations on your purchase/order matt... which model did you finally go for? Ironically I wrote SVS more or less at the same time to see which model they recommended for me, and about their shipping policies to Canada. I didnt place an order yet as Im still digesting the whole thing. Like you said in your other post, its a lot of money to drop on a sub unseen/unheard... and in my case with the exchange and brokerage the final bill is double the list price (in cnd$ vs US$)

As much as measurements can tell you the general characteristics of a component, I think the difference between a good speaker and a great one is often a question of personal taste and is read in-between the lines. Tube amps are a good example of this... their response may or may not be the flattest, but most people like their sound. Dr. Floyd Toole from the National Research Council in Canada studied this theory for years, and produced several documents on this including Listening TestsTurning Opinion into Fact, but I have never seen the document myself.

I dont remember if you mentioned if you already had a sub, or moving up from none? Tell us what you think once it arrives... ;)

Undecided...

Rob B.

you know, it is possible to have a flat response, yet unclean bass reproduction. This is why the RSW series are good for music. they are extremely clean and "fast". while they may not have the flattest response charts in town, they make up for it with tight, quick bass, unrivaled by most things in their price range.

I must admit Eric was very nice when I returned my sv.If you want to believe its the same or as musical as rsw 15,good luck.I had them both,and this only applies to my(and everyone I know)experience.The sv was great with HT,and is a great product,made by a great bunch of people.The rsw 15 was the clear winner for mostly music/5.1 concerts,with all due respect.