Center channel recommendations

wayneair

Giving the boot to my 2003 Bose system; I was military, they were cheap at the NEX, and I was young and didn’t know any better.  701 internal amp finally died. Pulled out my father-in-law’s KG 5.2s and KB-15s. Old Yamaha receiver couldn’t push the 5.2s, replaced with Sony low profile due to space restrictions,  the only other options I came across were a couple of Marantz offerings that were way out of my budget.  And the difference was almost a religious experience. Me: Why tf did I wait so long?  Also me to me: I’m sorry, I didn’t know what I didn’t know. 😔.

Current status:

Yamaha HTR-5450 -> Sony STR-DH790

Bose 701 -> KG 5.2

Bose 301 -> KB-15

Bose VCS-10 -> ?

For center channel,  should I be looking to acoustically pair the 5.2s with 2.2s, the KB-15 with KC-25/R-25c, or is there another good choice that would tie everything together?

Also, any recommendations for a powered sub to get back to 5.1 would also be appreciated.  I’ll eventually get around to utilizing the 7.2 capability of the new receiver, but our living room is relatively not large so it’s not at the top of the list. 

1 minute ago, wayneair said:

I do not disagree in the slightest, however, space limitations would dictate otherwise..well, “space limitations”, aka the warden…uh..er..I mean..wife.

How big of a center can you handle?

BTW, in my setup I have 5 Heresys.  Three across the front and two for surrounds.  For anything I throw at it, it’s absolutely the best setup I’ve ever had.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

How big of a center can you handle?

BTW, in my setup I have 5 Heresys.  Three across the front and two for surrounds.  For anything I throw at it, it’s absolutely the best setup I’ve ever had.

About a 24” x 12” area on the entertainment center, or I’ve ordered a mount that attaches to the TV that allows the center to mount over the screen or suspend it just under the screen.

that’s awesome. 

Got a good deal on a R-25C.  Installed new Ti domes in the 5.2 horns, just have to finish the new crossovers. I realize there may be a mismatch to you guys that are more experienced listeners, and well,  I have to listen to all of my music again.  Listening to this system for the first time was almost a religious experience, hearing things I've never heard in songs I've listened to for decades. I feel like I've been lied to for the last 20 years.